Articles & Tips Index
CRRC EMail List
Home > Articles
& Tips Index > Repair Tips
> Repairing Molded Wings
[Courtesy of Ollie Wilson (ocwilson "at" sunline.net),
Here is the way I did it on my RnR evolution:
- Cut away a triangular piece of the damaged area to remove all the crushed and
- Fit an over sized piece of closed cell foam to the cut away area and tack glue it in
place without leaving a glue ridge at the joint.
- Sand the foam to the wing contour and roughen the surface slightly around the repair.
- Cover the foam with 3 or 4 layers of 1.4 ounce glass cloth (each 0.002 inches thick) in
slow cure epoxy overlapping the skin around the repair. Stagger the edges of the glass.
- Blot off any excess epoxy with paper towels before the epoxy sets.
- Feather the edge of the layup after the epoxy cures.