[Courtesy of LaPointe Kenneth M NPRI [LaPointeKM "at" Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil], October 1999]
You know you've crashed when...
1. The spinner leaves a perfect imprint in the dirt
2. The 20 cell battery pack is in three pieces scattered around
3. The prop shaft is at 45 degrees
4. Both brush holders on your astro motor are gone
5. The motor shaft from the Astro 40 geared motor is bent
6. The pilot is found 2 feet from the plane
7. The servo arms are sheared off of the servos
8. The wings look like big fluffy pillows and leak balsa wood dust.
9. Most of the plane fits inside your flight box
Alas, the electric Contender 60 is no more. I was unable to complete the inverted loop before running out of air space. What really hurt was the damage done to the Astro 40G motor. From the looks of it the motor is not worth fixing. I'll probably just keep it for parts.
The winter building season starts early this year.